Artisano tiles is one of the fastest growing online tile shop and tile distributors in the UK and has rapidly become a market leader in supplying products to the tile trade, designers, architects, developers, contractors and floor covering dealers involved in Hospitality, Health Care, Education, Residential and Commercial projects with the very latest styles and designs from Europe’s leading tile manufacturing companies. We specialise in the supply and distribution of high quality and well established range of ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, terracotta tiles and natural stone wall and floor tiles throughout the UK. All of which are available in various sizes, textures and colours. You’re guaranteed to find what you need. And if you don’t, we’ll make every effort to source it for you. federchemicals1 About us We also supply quality tile adhesives for use in most circumstances whether it be for wall or floor tiling or on heated screeds. We have a range which includes rapid tile adhesives, flexible tile adhesives, one part and two part. We have a vast range of tile levelling and waterproofing compounds and tile grouts in an assortment of colors and sealants. We supply the full range of Sigma tiling tools including Sigma tile cutters and sigma accessories.
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
How it started
The company came from humble beginnings when in the 1950?s Tommaso a tiler from naples, italy came to England and continued his specialist trade of ceramic tiling. The trade continued through two more generations when in 2008 the current Director after 15 years of being in the tiling trade took the move to tile retailer and tiling contractor.
Where we are
Now in 2014 with our new Aylesbury tile shop, a vast range of available products and a great team of professional tilers we are able to offer an extensive range of tiling services, from conception to finishing . Each and every stage of the tiling process is undertaken to the highest standard of workmanship. We supply both the public and trade with high quality tiles, tiling materials and tools at competitive prices.
Where we’re going
Artisano tiles and its partner companies are growing rapidly and in the coming year we have a multitude of new and exciting ventures on the horizon. Included in these are another and much larger shop, design centre and another alternative online store and advice centre. Not only do we plan to expand the company but crucially enhance what we already have.
At Artisano tiles we put customer service first. You can trust us to look after your interests and deliver your desired goods on time, offering both value for money and high quality products. It is our customers that guide our company’s path. We believe that our customers should feel confident about our commitment to excellence and satisfaction, and meeting your needs demands our fullest attention. Artisano tiles and its partner companies www.thetilingemporium.co.uk and www.aylesburytilingcentre.co.uk has now become a leader in the tiling industry because of this “customer first” philosophy. Thank you for taking the time to read about our Company. We are a growing business that is always interested in feedback from customers. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you do have any special requirements and we will do our best to accommodate you. If you have any technical requirements or questions please contact us on the contact us page.
We now have a points reward system in place. For every £1 spent you get 1 point, once you have 100 points receive £3 redeemable back. Buy from us on a regular basis and reap the rewards. Write reviews on what you buy and get points for that too! All points can be viewed on your own account page, register now and get an instant 50 points.
The Artisano tiles online tile shop General guide to buying tiles
- Firstly measure all the floor and wall areas to be tiled. If the tiles are regular in size (15x15cm or 20x20cm) then you should not have to add more than 10% for wastage. Some tiles may have to be cut and the offcut may not be used elsewhere, others may be damaged during delivery or blemished. Always order at least an extra 10%, even if you don’t use them, they may come in handy at a later date in the future.
- If you are tiling the bathroom walls, why not tile the whole room. There’s only one thing more tiresome than painting a 900mm strip of wall between tiles and ceiling, and that’s having to repaint it every few years.
- If you are using a floor or wall border, to estimate the quantity required simply measure the linear distance to be tiled and divide it by the length of each border to arrive at the net number of tiles required. Again add a few extra borders for waste.
- Don’t forget to check carefully if the floor tile selected is suitable and will withstand the foot traffic it may be subjected to.
- In certain situations you may have to think about slip resistance and its relevance to your household or environment i.e around an indoor pool or in a bathroom in which a person with disabilities may frequent.
- Make sure you buy the correct tile adhesive for the tiles in question and a compatible type and colour grout. You may need to consider flexibility, waterproofing or staining etc
- What about ease of maintenance? Ceramic tiles are generally easy to clean, but what about terracotta, marble or porcelain. Make sure you understand what’s required to keep your floor looking good and any products you may require to maintain them.
- Everyone likes a bargain but if you discover an attractive but average tile in terms of appearance and durability that only costs £15 a meter square, compared to an excellent tile available at £25m2, don’t be tempted to sign on the dotted line without considering: if you need 10m2 at an extra cost of £10 per m2, what’s £100 compared to living with your second choice for 10, 20 even 30+ years. Remember many grade 4 and 5 floor tiles are guaranteed for over 30 years.
- If employing a tiler, check out his reputation and don’t be afraid to ask questions and get multiple quotes
Become a Trade member and save money Benefits of our Trade Memberships
- Gold-member-logoGold Membership – 8% discount.
- Silver-member-logoSilver Membership – 6% discount.
- bronzeBronze membership -4% discount.
How to become a Trade Membership holder
- Gold Trade Account status is achieved once you have spent over £5000.00
- Silver Trade Account status is achieved once you have spent over £4000.00
- Bronze Trade Account status is achieved once you have spent over £3000.00